Happy Humphrey's

Holt History – Happy Humphrey’s

Happy Humphrey’s at 2174 Cedar Street originated as a Dairy Bar in the 1940s and lasted as a popular restaurant for more than 25 years. Founded and owned by Wilbur “Happy” and Martha Humphrey, the operation expanded into a motel which lasted many decades. Later iterations of the motel retained the historic Happy’s name before it was closed and razed in 2019. The surviving building, originally built as Elite Coffee Shop around 1940, recently received new life and returned to its origins as an eatery.