Residents of Delhi Township know that it is a vibrant community that offers a great quality of life for families, seniors, and young professionals. One of the main highlights for people of all ages is the robust parks system, where the access to nature and recreation continues to attract new businesses and residents alike.
Delhi Township is home to 11 properties including 7 parks spanning nearly 100 acres and 10 miles of trails, which are among the township’s most popular amenities. The parks and trails are well-maintained and offer something for everyone, from beachfront swimming to skateboarding.
To showcase the unique offerings of our community, Delhi Township is working on an ongoing series of videos that will highlight the amenities and resources available at each of our parks and community offerings. The videos have been shared on the township’s website and social media pages to increase local awareness of the sprawling parks and trails system. So far, residents and visitors can watch videos about:
• Esker Landing, a former steel company site with a trailhead park and kayak launch
• John Taylor Memorial Park, a 13-acre park with one of the best sledding hills in the area
• Valhalla Park, the largest and most developed park in Delhi Township with year-round activities
• Delhi Skate Park, a place for children and adults to practice their inline skate, skateboard, and bike skills
• Kiwanis Park, the perfect summer recreation destination for sports enthusiasts and family events
• Delhi Trails, a great destination for walkers, hikers, joggers, cyclists, and more that connect Delhi Township to the surrounding communities
• 9/11 Memorial Park, which honors the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks
• Sam Corey Senior Center, a green building with fitness classes, lunches, and games to help our seniors have a good quality of life
The success of the Delhi Township parks would not be possible without the support of residents who make critical investments in recreation opportunities around the community. Many of the parks’ improvements have been made through the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and recent township millages.
To watch the videos and learn more about all that Delhi Township parks have to offer, visit www.delhitownshipmi.gov/379/Parks-Showcase-Videos.