The Maplewood Cabins stood off Cedar Street for more than fifty years, “in the heart of the maples” as their signs state. Originally owned and operated by L.E. Finch and Dr. J.A. Ahrens around the 1930s, there were a dozen cabins by 1937 operating as tourist cabins for people traveling through the area. Overtime they became long-term residential cabins. The cabins remained in operation through the 1980s. In 1986, the Delhi Township Fire Department used the cabins as a fire training exercise. On the site, Delhi Village Square was built in 1987-88 by developer Gordon Long, which originally housed Goff supermarket, followed by L&L Shop-Rite, and today Planet Fitness. Many longtime residents remember the old cabins behind McDonald’s and we’re happy to finally share this photo!