The Gunn School opened in 1886 as Delhi District No. 7. An earlier log school stood on the same site and was removed for the $899 construction of the current masonry building. The bell was added in 1899 at a cost of $8.94. It is named for Charles A. Gunn (1841-1926), a local farmer and Civil War veteran, who owned the land and gave a 99-year lease for use as a school. The Gunn School merged with Holt Public Schools in 1957 and the schoolhouse was closed. It was used as a church and art studio through the years before being purchased back by Holt Schools in 1998 and restored.